Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Maya Animation Tutorial's & Helpful Video's

I am still working away on some animation passes for my animation show case and I dont think I will have any big animation update's since I have just been working on my thesis the past two week's but I have been looking up some animation video's and though i would share my find's. I hope you find them as helpful and insightful as I did.

Animation Talks

first video, is from animschool's blog you should really check it out "Click Here" .
This is really how I like to approach animation, I try not to get to obsessed with keeping any animation because if it does not fit with the scene, motivation of the character or if it just is not on par with the rest of the animation dont be afraid to delete it ! Or if you have some nice animation but make's no sense for your scene you can always save it and keep it for your show reel as a separate piece of animation. But this video really get's that idea across. 


[Above - Tom Roberts Talks about animation and his process of learning 3D Animation]


This one is also from AnimSchool and you can find more video's simaler to this over on the animschool blog but its a great critic of some one's work and will give you an idea of how to think about your animation from many different aspect's. Its a long video but well worth watching. Also its by Mark Harris from pixar so pay close attention.



3D Animation Classes 

Kyle Balda 3d Animation Master-class

If you want to be a 3d animator you really need to watch this video, I found this really helpful in my preparation to do my own 3d character acting piece's for my animation showcase. 


Another very helpfull video, From Kyle Balda cover's the use of the f curve's/ graph editor for use in creating a walk cycle. This video has a lot of information the graph editor and dope sheet and how you can use the dope sheet to copy the animation from one limb to the other. 




If i come across any more good one's i will update this post or if i come across enough il make a new one at some stage

General Tutorial Recommendations 

So i will leave it at this and i would also like to recommend this you tube channel it cover's a lot of things in maya to do with dynamic's and other general thing's that are not geared towards character animation, Youtube/DeepfriedEctoplasem also the PolyFace guy is awesome haven't tried any of his tutorials myself but friends have recommended it, and it is a good resource if your trying to figure out how to rig and model. 



No comments:

Post a Comment